Recent Acquisitions Evening at the Wilson Special Collections Library
Please join the University Libraries in celebrating outstanding additions to the Wilson Special Collections from the last three years.
During this open-house event, Library staff members will guide you in an up-close experience with rare and one-of-a-kind items from the North Carolina Collection, Rare Book Collection, Southern Folklife Collection, Southern Historical Collection and University Archives. These items illustrate why Carolina's libraries are a point of pride and a destination for research, learning and wonder.
You will have the opportunity to engage with items from across the Special Collections, including materials from:
- Outstanding images from the archives of photographers Roland L. Freeman and Burk Uzzle.
- Scripts and other documents from the collection of comedian Lewis Black.
- Papers from recently retired Rep. G.K. Butterfield.
- Works from the Florence Fearrington Collection, including children's books on natural history and shell illustrations.
- Woodblocks used to print publications for the Propaganda Fide press. This collection is the University Libraries' nine millionth "volume."