Making an Impact with Data Visualization
Collecting data is now easier than it has ever been. But, as data becomes more prolific, datasets become larger and more complex. How do we find meaningful patterns in our data? How can we communicate those patterns to others? Data visualization allows us to make sense of today’s ever evolving information landscape.
This workshop will introduce the history and basic principles of data visualization. Learn about best practices and resources for making an impact with your data through compelling charts, graphs and maps.
At the end of the short course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the preattentive process and how it affects visual perception;
- Critically evaluate the accuracy and quality of visualizations they encounter in their daily lives
- Implement best practices when creating their own visualizations.
This workshop will also be streamed live to the Health Sciences Library. Register to attend the streaming workshop at the Health Sciences Library.
- Thursday, September 5, 2019
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Second floor
- Davis Library Research Hub
- Classes and Workshops